Stadium Course at PGA West
La Quinta, CA 92253
Phone(s): (800) 742-9378, (760) 564-7111
Fax: (760) 771-2823
This is the monster of all monsters, the one that carries so many folktales of golfer terror with it that it should qualify as its own myth. The developers asked Pete Dyeto make this "the toughest golf course in the world" and many argue he succeeded. Too well.
TPC Stadium Course in La Quinta is one of those tracks that any self-respecting golf nut has to play once. Just to experience it. Just to say you did. Just to have stories of golf cruelty to tell at the office water cooler.
There's a 19-foot deep bunker on the 16th hole. That's right. A 19-foot deep bunker. Your ball won't get out. Heck, you might not get out.
From the back tees it measures 7,261 yards with an incredible 150-slope rating.
Every hole is a story waiting to be told. Either in success to be bragged about or failure to be even more bragged about. The PGA players moaned about this course so loud that it's no longer a regular stop on tour. Yet for average hackers, it's often a joy of punishment. Go in with the right attitude and it's liable to be one of your most unforgettable days of golf.
- PGA West TPC Stadium Course - Palm Springs/La Quinta
- Gallery: Stadium Course at PGA West in La Quinta, California
- Pete Dye's Stadium Course at PGA West is kinder, gentler than before - barely
- PGA West Stadium Golf Course: Complete With All The Calories
- PGA West TPC Stadium Course: Don't Be Cruel, Mr. Dye
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Pete Dye
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 1987
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Bermuda Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $170 - $235
- Weekends: $190 - $235
- Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee